This presentation was about how to add your own hooks to plugins and themes. Code from the demo can be found here.
Other Cool Stuff Talked About
WordPress Plugins to Check Out
- MinQueue – Plugin to minify and concatenate enqueued scripts and styles
WordPress uses Slack now. Check it out: https://wordpress.slack.com
- Prowd – A Slack integration to recognize your team’s work.
- Tatsu – Standup meetings for remote teams
- Polls – Add polls to slack
- GitUp – Makes git painless
- Kanbanize – Online Kanban software
- speetest-net – NPM package for running a speedtest from the command line
One thought on “September Developer Meetup Notes – Making WordPress Plugins and Themes Extendable”
Another cool extension for Slack that I can’t believe we didn’t mention last night is the Slack Plugin for WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/slack/
It can add a link to the post in a slack channel when a new post is added to the site.