post 2 post plugin / functionality

Home Forums Troubleshooting and Support post 2 post plugin / functionality

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric F Glass Eric F Glass 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric F Glass
    Eric F Glass
    Participant

I’m wanting to link posts together, I need 2 posts at a time, both being the same topic, to be able to click back and forth from each other using 2 designated buttons. Even though both posts will be published at the same time, I want the to be separate posts.
    I have heard of the now unsupported plugin “posts 2 posts”, as a newbie developer I would like to learn how to do this via code both for education and to minimize the amount of plugins… but I will use a plugin if too complex for me, for now.
    The site still needs a lot of work, willing and would love to meet with someone if they want to help one on one.

Profile photo of Eric Juden
    Eric Juden
    Keymaster

Eric,

You might check out something like Piklist. It’s a framework for WordPress developers and I know it has support to do post to post relationships.

Also, I’d bet that ‘posts 2 posts’ still works. If you’re curious about how to build the relationship on your own, I’d dissect the ‘posts 2 posts’ plugin to see what they are doing.

Eric

Profile photo of Eric F Glass
    Eric F Glass
    Participant

Fellow Eric (glad our names end with a ‘c’ and not a ‘k’)
    Thanks for the advice. and pointing out this plugin / framework. I’m normally pretty good dealing with documentation and codexes, but the documentation for Piklist is confusingme for some reason. Perhaps it’s the season? ha.

I’ll look into the post 2 post plugin’s functionality and see what’s going on in there. Yes I’m sure it still works, but for how long? Oy vey!

Thanks again,
    Eric G.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar